Fukuoka, JAPAN (July 8th, 2021) – Panasonic i-PRO Sensing Solutions Co., Ltd. and btrax are proudly announcing to launch the design competition program called “i-PRO Future Design Challenge”, an effort to solve problems that may arise in the future through the power of design.
i-PRO is working in collaboration with btrax to launch i-PRO Future Design Challenge. This newly launched international design competition program is to provide opportunities for up-and-coming problem solvers or futurists to win the prestigious award for innovative design excellence.
i-PRO Future Design Challenge was born out of both i-PRO and btrax’s belief in the power of design to solve problems. This competition calls upon young, creative and talented engineers and designers around the world, to present their fresh ideas, thoughts, and designs on the theme for 2021 of “solving crimes in a future society where technology has become too advanced”.
“Solving crimes in a future society where technology has become too advanced”
- Application period: 2021.07.08 - 08.31
- Judging period: 2021.09.01 - 10.31
- Announcement of award winners: 2021.11.18
- Prize money: ¥300,000 JPY (Approx. $2,700 USD) for 1 person or 1 team ,
¥100,000 JPY (Approx. $910 USD) for 2 persons or 2 teams
- Meeting with i-PRO engineers for potential prototype creation
- Mentoring sessions with one of the judges
- Featured in media
- Bjoern Eichstaedt, Managing Partner and Co-Owner of Storymaker GmbH
- Mariko Nishimura, CEO / Producer of HEART CATCH Inc
- Casey Lau, Co-host of RISE and Web Summit Tokyo
- Brandon K. Hill, CEO / Founder of btrax, Inc,
For more details, please come and check our website at https://i-pro.futuredesignchallenge.com
About i-PRO - Organizer
Panasonic i-PRO Sensing Solutions Co., Ltd., is a global leader of advanced sensing technologies in the fields of Intelligent Surveillance, Public Safety, and Industrial/Medical Imaging. Established in 2019, i-PRO was built on a legacy of over 60 years of innovation with Panasonic.
About btrax - Supporter
btrax is a design agency that specializes in bridging the gaps between cultures, businesses, and mindset by creating experiences for brands’ future to nurture fan base. Based in San Francisco and Tokyo, btrax provides design services to companies and brands who are struggling to expand their customer base.
Panasonic i-PRO Sensing Solutions Co., Ltd.
Download PDF of this articlePDF